Traveling to Zaporizhzhya (OZH)
Discover Ukraine’s administrative center, Zaporizhia Oblast. Located near the Dnieper River, Zaporizhia offers travelers a delightful vacation with modern amenities. Once an industrial town during the Soviet era, Zaporizhia has developed into one of Ukraine’s tourist centers with its nature, preserved architecture and historical monuments.
For the best rates, check Pegasus’ schedule to find cheap Zaporizhia flight tickets. Take advantage of Pegasus offers and enjoy a comfortable flight experience on your flights to Zaporizhia.
Top Destinations in Zaporizhia
- Khortytsia Island: Discover the wonders of nature during your Zaporizhia travel. On Dnieper River, Khortytsia Island is a place to visit museums about Cossacks, Scythian camp, and a 700-year old oak tree.
- Faeton Retro Cars Museum: If you’re interested in classic cars, rare vehicles are waiting for you here.
- Prospekt V.I. Lenina: Learn more about the Soviet culture. Head to Lenin Street to find Soviet-era artifacts.
What to Eat in Zaporizhia?
- Sirniki: If you want to start the day with a Ukrainian breakfast, then try sirniki, a Russian pancake recipe.
- Vareniki: Also known as Russian dumplings, try vareniki, one of the local delicacies.
- Borscht: A famous Russian soup recipe and one of the favorites of the Zaporizhia dining scene.
Where to Eat in Zaporizhia?
- Sobornyi Avenue: One of the top destinations of Zaporizhia, Sobornyi Avenue has many quality restaurants and cafés to offer.
- Pryberezhna Street: Spanning on the river bank, this street is ideal for exploring Zaporizhia restaurants.
- Stalevariv Street: This is your destination if you are looking for cheap dining and wining options.
Zaporizhia welcomes you with a landscape which manages to be both modern and pastoral, with structures organized in a classic style to emphasize nature, geometrical urban planning, and magnificent bridges on Dnieper River.
Transportation in Zaporizhia
Zaporizhia is a small city yet its transportation network is impressive. Rent a car or take a trolleybus, tram, bus or a marshrutka (the local name for minibus). With so many choices, transportation in Zaporizhia is a breeze.
Zaporizhia Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Country Code: +380
- Ambulance: 103
- Police: 102
- Fire Dept.: 101
- Zaporizhia International Airport (OZH): +380 612 270 579