Pegasus offers Tbilisi flight fares that will make you walk on air! Start packing right away, but don’t fill your suitcase completely – you’ll need that extra space for the great stuff you’ll buy during your trip to Tbilisi.
If you want to have an unforgettable adventure in Tbilisi, which is the capital of Georgia, with its Squares, Old Town area, lively nightlife and delicious foods, you can reserve your tickets for cheap flights to Tbilisi on flypgs.com.The foundation of Tbilisi, which has a history of settlement that goes back to 4000 BC, as a city was realized by the King Vahtang Gorgasal in the 4th century AC. In the city which is geographically in the Southern Caucasia that area's culture is prominent. Majority of the population is Georgian but there are more than 100 ethnic groups in the country. Naturally, it can be said that it's quite a cosmopolitan city. Its people are mostly Christians but there are Muslim and Jewish minority groups, too. Moreover, prayers of the three religions are located side by side in the old town of Tbilisi. This is a great proof of tolerance. In Tbilisi, where a special alphabet which belongs Southern Caucasian languages and believed oto have been improved by King Parnavaz is used, the currency is Lari (GEL).
What to Eat in Tbilisi
- Khachapuri Adjaruli: If you’re wondering what a typical Georgian breakfast looks like, you should try khachapuri adjaruli, a cheese- and egg-filled bread.
- Khinkali: Georgia’s traditional dish, made of twisted knobs of dough filled with meat and spices, similar to a dumpling.
- Mtsvadi: Meats are marinated especially for this Georgian-style shish kebab, which is grilled and slow-cooked.
Where to Eat in Tbilisi
- Tivstonogovi Street: If you're looking for different flavours in Georgia, there are many restaurants to explore along this street.
- Tbilisi Freedom Square: This is the central point in Tbilisi, where you can find many places to eat and drink.
- Lunkerta Street: Go here for perfect service and delicious food with views of the Kura River.
Georgia's capital, Tbilisi, welcomes you with its red-roofed homes, magnificent historical buildings and steep hills. There are many historical monuments to see in Tbilisi, but it also serves as the country's financial centre and cultural and artistic hotspot. By taking advantage of Pegasus’s special Tbilisi flight offers, you can give your wallet a break and have a great holiday on a budget.
Attractions in Tbilisi
- Narikala: Built in the 4th century A.D., Narikala Castle was constructed on top of one of the steepest hills in the area.
- National Botanical Garden of Georgia: Why not take a tour around this huge botanical garden, one of Georgia’s most beautiful nature reserves?
- Sameba Cathedral: With its dazzling gold-plated dome, Sameba Cathedral is a sight to behold.
Transportation in Tbilisi
Tbilisi’s public transport system consists of two connected metro lines and bus routes. As the city is small, you can wander around on foot and taxis aren’t widely used in Tbilisi. If you're going to hire a car in Tbilisi, you’d better know that you’ll be driving on the right-hand side of the road.
More information about Tbilisi
Food and Drink
More Places to Visit
Neighborhoods in Tbilisi
After arriving in Tbilisi with the most advantageous prices of Pegasus, you can use trains to reach the city center. If you come across one of these trains that come very seldom, you can be in Tbilisi Central Station in 20 minutes. Your other alternative to reach the city center, which is 17 km away from the airport, is taking a bus. Among the public buses that take off in front of the arrivals terminal, the ones with the number 37 will take you to the center of Tbilisi.
Lastly, if you travel as a group or prefer a more comfortable trip, taxis will be waiting for you. For rental cars, which is another easy way to go around in the city, you can prefer flypgs.com
Tbilisi Metro, which has been in existence since 1966, is the 4th metro of the Soviet Union. It has the characteristics of Soviet metros, meaning that stations are very deep and ornamented.
Taxis in Tbilisi require some effort but they are cheap. They don't have taximeters, that's why you have to negotiate the price with driver before your journey or settle with the price the drivers say at the end of your journeys. Although they generally say a couple of laris higher, the prices don't vary drastically but we still recommend you to negotiate the price beforehand.
The most enjoyable shopping points in Tbilisi are generally the stalls in the streets. It's possible to finditems from the Soviet era, amazing paintings, antiques and many more things on them.
- MshraliKhidi - You can find the whole shopping culture of Tbilisi in this flea market that is set up on Saturday. It's a colorful place filled with many things from paintings of independet artists to Georgian antiques, even electronic goods to carpets. Prices are affordable, the atmosphere is vivid.
- TbilisiMall - You can find chains of many foreign brands in the newest and the most luxurios mall of Tbilisi. You should stop by there for many brands from Massimo Dutti to Zara, Bana Republic to Clarks.
- Agmashenebeli Street - This street that lays from Digomi Neighbourhood towards outside the city, is the new and improving face of Tbilisi. Luxurious shopping has been moving towards this direction. Even though there are a couple of luxury brands in the old city, Agmashenebeli is the rising star. It's possible to find brands like Ermenegildo Zegna, Corneliani, Brunello Cuccinelli in Monte Napoleone.
Food and Drink in Tbilisi
Georgian kitchen is one of the best examples of the Southern Caucasian cuisine. Pastries like "hankali" or "hacapuri" have an important place in their kitchen. It's also very rich with meat and vegetable dishes. Georgian foods also have a reputation among the former Soviet countries. It's also possible to find many dishes from the world cuisine thanks to Tbilisi's cosmopolitan nature. You can take a look at our recommendations if you're curious about what and where to eat in Tbilisi.
- In The Shadow of Metekhi - This restaurant, which has a folkloric and restro decoration, offers you seasonal and amazing Georgian dishes. Restaurant's name comes from a famous theatre play. Moreover, since it mostly appeals to tourists, local dance shows also take place. If you don't want to watch them, you can get a table on the balcony by the river. Address: 29 a K.Tsamebuli Str., Tel: (+995 32)230 30 30
- Tsiskvili - A true Georgian feast with a rustic decoration and rich tables is waiting for you. Grills, "saslik" and everything else are all delicious. On some nights, local music and dances are also exhibited there. Address:Right side of the Mtkvari River, Tel: (+995 32)253 07 97
- Tartine - In this French cafe, slices of farm breads are served with several ingredients on them. Also, there is live music and their desserts are delicious. This place mostly appeals to younger people. Address:Abashidze Str. 22, Vake, Tel: +995 32 22 66 69
- Maspindzelo - It's possible to eat delicious foods in the company of a pleasant piano or a violin in its garden or interior space. Hinkal and saslik kebab are some of the dishes that can be tasted. It has the atmosphere of a tavern with a piano and a violin. Address:7 BambisRigi, Tel: +995 32 30 30 30
- Cafe Gabriadze - In this popular cafe that is located at the foot of the clock tower which draws attention with its interesting design, you can have a break with a cold glass of lemonade in summer months, or with delicious varities of tea in winter months. Address:13 Shavteli Str., Tel: +995 3298 65 94
- Bread House - Bread House is oneo of the best restaurant of Tbilisi. Foods are really very tasty and breads that are baked in authentic tandoors are delicious. After mezzes, your grilled food will be served on wood plates with home-made potatoes. Address: 7, Gorgasali Str., Tel: +995 32 30 30 30
- Slavianka - You can taste a real borsch soup in this Russian restaurant. A rich table and an elegant atmosphere are also served with these interesting tastes. Live music is also in the menu. Address:Gmirta Square, Tel: + 995 32 2995778
- Konka Station - A place which has a real style. Moreover, waiters can speak English. It's for sure that you'll be comfortable in this cafe that is ideal for a break. An if good music is playing in the backgroud, there'll be no one enjoying the moment more than you do. Address:8 Sioni Str., Tel: + 995 32 218 28 06
- Vera Steakhouse - If you want to stray from the Eastern cuisine, we have a good address for you. This place, where you can fill yourself with American style beefs, turns into a disco on weekends. Address:37A Kostava Str., Tel: + 995 32 298 37 67
- Asian Town - This restaurant which serves Uzbek foods is quite popular in Tbilisi. We definitely recommend you to try it for different tastes. They also serve lunch between 12 pm - 4 pm. Address:28 Janashia Str., Tel: + 995 514 00 00 42
- JazzCafé Aroma - This place that is in the style of a chic cafe-restaurant hosts you with examples of the world cuisine. It's an ideal choice for a calm and pleasant evening. Its salads that are served in big portions also look delicious. Address:14 Chardin Str.. Tel: +995 599 47 47 99
- Picasso Chineese - If you want some Chinese food, you first address in Tbilisi is Picasso. You can enjoy delicious hot sauces and sweet-sour tastes around big rounded tables in the restaurant, which has been decorated like a typical Chinese restaurant. Address:4 Miminoshvili Str., Tel: +995 32 298 90 86
- Shemoikhede Genacvale - There is a calm atmosphere in this restaurant that serves the best dishes of the Georgian cuisine. Address: 5 Marjanishvili St., Tel: +995 32 291 00 05
Accommodations in Tbilisi
There different accommodation alternatives that you can prefer in Tbilisi. Since there is also a big student population in this region which has been developing in terms of business trips and tourism, all kinds of options from the most luxurious Tbilisi hotels to hostels, can be considered.
- Radisson BluIveria Hotel - This 5-star hotel that is rising by the river offers all kinds of comfort and luxury. While giving service with its 249 rooms, it also provides an ideal setting for business trips. Address: Rose Revolution Square 1, Tel: +995 32 2 402 200
- Marriott Hotel - It's ideal for business trips with its multiple meeting areas and luxurious rooms. Also, being in service in a historical building, Marriott offers the chance to experience the city's texture. Address:Rustaveli Str. 13, Tel: +995 32 277 92 00
- British House - The centrally located hotel, which draws attention with its rich and luxurious decoration, answers all your needs for a comfortable holiday. Address:32 Belinski Str., Tel: +995 32 298 87 83
- Beaumonde Hotel - This boutique hotel which is in service with only 19 rooms, is a family business. You can stay here in a warm atmosphere, in a beautiful building, in the company of delicious foods. Address:11, Al. Chavchavadze Str. Mtatsminda, Tel: +995 32 298 60 03
- Armazi Palace - In this hotel, which we can call a city hotel, all your basic needs from internet to minibar are met. You'll also feel the Georgian hospitality thanks to its genial staff. Address:Armazi St. 8 Avlabari, Tel: +995 32 2 772 143
- Victoria VIP Hotel - Victoria VIP, which has spacious rooms and an interesting decoration, is especially remarkable with its helpful staff. Address:Shoshitaishvili 3, Tel: +995 32 2 291877
- Formula 1 Guest Room - This hostel answers all your expectations from an average hotel. While you have to share the bathroom with others in some rooms, there are also rooms that have private bathrooms. Address:13a Kote Meskhi Str, Tel: +995 574 456789
- Bonney Hostel - If you're looking for a hostel, Bonney should be your first choice. We have to remind you that the bathroom is shared but you can make a choice between rooms for 8 and rooms for 2. Address:Ninoshvili Str. 19A, Tel: +995 577 188 733
- Why Not? Hostel - This breakfast-included hostel offers the chance to socialize with its warm atmosphere and common area with a fireplace. You can have an economical and comfortable holiday with a common kitchen and even common books they have. Address: 15/4 Tabukashvili Str. Tel: +995 599 007 030
Places to Visit in Tbilisi
Tbilisi, offers a completely different world especially on the side streets of the Old Town area. We recommend you to walk through these old streets for a look at the city's historical texture and especially examine examples of civil architecture. Rustaveli Street is also one of the areas that must be seen for its architecture.
Neighborhoods of Tbilisi
- Old Tbilisi - Old Tbilisi makes up most of the current city area. The historical city covers many interesting places. Chardin Street is the most interesting one among them and it's one of the first places to see with its different shops, cafes and galleries.
- Vake - This neighbourhood located at the Southwest of the Old Tbilisi is the elite area of the city. In the region where mostly foreign people hang out, there are luxury stores, restaurants and cafes. The university is also located here.
Due to its high population of young people, the nightlife of Tbilisi is quite vivid. You can take part in all kinds of fun from bars that are ideal for live music to clubs where you can dance till the morning.
- Canudos Ethnic Bar - A bar that is comfy like your home... Young people fill the tables and listen to music until late hours. This place, where you can also play games if you like, is especially preferred by Tbilis expats. Address:Elbakidze St. SamaiaSquare, Tel: +995598161771
- PurPur - We believe that PurPur is the cutest place in Tbilisi. It's a place worth your attention with its bohemian style and colorful decoration in addition to its genuine atmosphere. Whether in day or at night, if you want to have some drinks in a nice and calm lounge atmosphere, don't miss PurPur. Address: 1 A. Tbileli, Tel: +995 32 247 77 76
- KGB - This place which has been decorated with small items and documents of the Soviet period is one of the alternative choices. It's a real heaven with its posters and objects for those who have missed the Soviets. It's quite lively at nights. Address:8/10 King Erekle Str. Tel: +995 599 67 44 88
- Dublin - You can listen to live music at some nights in Dublin which is a typical Irish pub. Address:8 Akhvlediani Str. Tel: +995 32 298 44 67
- Moulin Electrique - Either sit on pouffes or at tables in an extremely comfortable setting. We recommend you not to come back without breathing the air of the place where intellectual Georgians hang out. Address:28 Leselidze Str. Tel: +995 551 72 23 23
- Bamba Rooms Lounge - This is one of the newest and best clubs of Tbilisi. From R&B parties to special events, the heart of entertainments beats here. Address:12 Bamba St. Tel: +995 32 43 99 77
- Buddha Bar - Tbilisi address of the famous lounge chain. Like every other place in the world, Buddha Bar is a special place with its delicious foods and music that continues until late hours at night. You should make reservation before you go. Address: Rikhe, Around Peace Bridge, Left shore of the River Mtkvari, Tel: +995 225 52 22
Country code: 995
Ambulance, Fire, Police: 113
Tiflis Airport: +995 32 310 265