Traveling to Skopje (SKP)
The pearl of Balkans, Skopje invites you to discover its history! Once you arrive at the city, which was ruled by the Ottoman Empire for more than 500 years, you will feel as peaceful as finding a long-lost friend. Pack your bag and book your Skopje flights with Pegasus’ advantageous flight ticket offers.
Top Destinations in Skopje
- Archaeology Museum: Dive deep into the history at this museum showcasing paintings dating back to the Middle Ages, such as old coins, mosaics and wax sculptures.
- Matka Canyon: Just like a painting on canvas, this canyon should be on top of your list of destinations in Skopje.
- Stone Bridge: Bridges connect not only two sides of a river here, but also two cultures. Take a walk on the Stone Bridge, withstanding the test of three millennia, which is now the symbol of Skopje. Do not forget to take photos!
What to Eat in Skopje?
- Meatballs: Don’t miss out on the incredible taste of Skopje meatballs, also known as ‘kebab’.
- Beans: What distinguishes the beans recipe served in Skopje is the extended casserole-style cooking time, which gives an extra taste to the dish.
Where to Eat in Skopje?
- Turkish Bazaar: Located in the heart of the city, the Turkish Bazaar will have you feel like home. Here, you will see mosques, tombs, inns, Turkish baths, and caravanserais dating back to the Ottoman period. Also, this is a good place to taste local dishes.
Skopje from the Sky
Divided by Vardar River, Skopje welcomes you combining its Ottoman side, which preserves its traditional architecture, and a Western side with sculptures adding to a modern atmosphere.
Transportation in Skopje
Public transportation relies heavily on buses in Skopje. Another option is to rent a bike as it is a bike-friendly city.
Skopje Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Country Code: +389
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 192
- Fire Dept.: 193
- Skopje Airport (SKP) +389 2 314 8333