Traveling to Nizhniy Novgorod (GOJ)
Quietly lying on the banks of the Oka and Volga rivers, Nizhny Novgorod offers travelers an adventure full of exploration as one of the educational and cultural centers of the region. Travel to the land of Maxim Gorky thanks to Pegasus’ cheap ticket fares to Nizhny Novgorod. Explore one of the biggest cities in Russia and enjoy a comfortable trip with Pegasus.
Places to visit in Nizhny Novgorod
- The Nizhny Novgorod Kremlin: Russians name “kremlin” all their characteristic castles. This one was built in the city centre in the 16th century, and it’s one of the most visited areas of the city.
- Stroganov Church: Also built in the 16th century, it is an impressive example of Russia’s extraordinary and fascinating architecture.
- Maxim Gorky House: Used as a museum, it’s the ideal place to commemorate and discover life of famous author.
- Pechersky Monastery: Dating to the 14th century, and located only a couple of kilometres from the Estonian border, this monastery is yet another beautiful example of Russian architecture.
- Nizhny Novgorod Fair: Participate in exhibitions, conferences and other special events to learn more about Russian culture.
What to Eat in Nizhny Novgorod
- Beef stroganoff: One of the most delicious things you can eat on your Nizhny Novgorod trip, beef stroganoff is a famous Russian recipe prepared with vegetables and meats cut into strips.
- Shchi: Try this filling and tasty soup prepared with fish and cabbage.
- Tefteli: a traditionally Russian meatball, though you can find many kinds in Novgorod restaurants.
Where to Eat in Novgorod
- Pokrovka: Find the most delicious Russian dishes at the many restaurants and cafes along this street.
- Rozhdestvenskaya: Popular avenue where you can explore delicious dishes in Novgorod.
- Moskovskaya: If you like authentic Russian cuisine, head to this area for the best Novgorod restaurants.
Nizhny Novgorod View
Nizhny Novgorod, a university town surrounded by the Volga and Oka rivers, is a neat city with geometric architecture dating back to the Soviet era and a city plan that is highly compatible with nature. Get a glimpse of its warm and colorful cityscape from your airplane window before flight to Nizhny Novgorod comes to an end.
Transportation in Nizhny Novgorod
Nizhny Novgorod has a great public transport system, which makes every place in thecity easily reachable. Trams, buses, trains and subway systems are well connected with each other in Nizhny Novgorod. You can also use Russian minibuses known as "marshrutka". Although bicycle routes are not very common in the city, some of Novgorod's people use cycling as their primary mode of transport, so feel free to rent a bicycles and explore the city during your Nizhny Novgorod trip.
- Country Code: +7
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 102
- Fire: 101
- Strigino Nizhny Novgorod International Airport (GOJ): +7 800 100-03-33