One of the world's most distinctive cities, Moscow, salutes you. You can give your wallet a break by taking advantage of Pegasus’s deals on Moscow flights. Offering economical airfares to Moscow, Pegasus will ensure you have a safe and comfortable travel experience.
Apart from being the capital of Russia, Moscow is also the heart of the country in terms of trades and tourism.In Moscow, where terrestrial climate is experienced, summers are hot and winters are cold and snowy. This is one of the points that make Moscow enticing for winter tourism. Being one of the most populated cities in Europe, Moscow has a population of 10 millions. It has been one of the important business, religious and political centers of the country throughout history. Moscow, which was invaded many times in history due to its location between East and West, has always been a center of attention and become a metropol where different economical groups live together. With its position as a mediator between East and West, Moscow carries the traces of both sides. This mostly leaps out in the city's architecture. Moscow, which is very glamourous with its cathedrals, museums, art galleries in addition to its parks and squares, also offers many alternatives for shopping and eating out.
Attractions in Moscow
- Kremlin: This magnificent structure houses the Russian government and is a big draw for tourists.
- St. Basil's Cathedral: With its colourful onion-shaped domes and extraordinary fantastical architecture, Saint Basil’s Cathedral is a must-see.
- Bolshoi Theatre: This theatre hall, built in the nineteenth century, still hosts opera and ballet performances today.
What to Eat in Moscow
- Borscht Soup: Russia’s national food, Borscht Soup, is made of winter vegetables such as cabbage and beets. Soup is generally served with cream called ‘smetan’.
- Pelmeni: Pelmeni is a kind of dumpling stuffed with mushrooms, beef, chicken or a variety of vegetables and served with ketchup and mayonnaise.
- Beef Stroganoff: You have to try this classic dish when you’re in Moscow.
Where to Eat in Moscow
- Red Square: On the most touristy street in Moscow there are many cafés and restaurants, as well as famous nightlife destinations.
- Kuznetsky Most: One of the most vibrant streets in Russia, Kuznetsky Most has lots of places to grab a bite to eat and enjoy yourself.
- Maroseyka: If you're looking for cheap food in Moscow, you can eat at the restaurants in this area for affordable prices.
Majestic monuments from the Soviet era, palaces that make you feel like you’re living in a fairy tale and gigantic skyscrapers – Moscow is a metropolis that looks beautiful throughout the year. The perfect holiday experience is waiting for you with Pegasus’s Moscow flight deals!
Transportation in Moscow
Moscow’s public transportation system consists of the metro, bus, trolleybus, tram and minibus (‘marşrutka’), all of which are quite practical for everyday use. You may have a hard time with Cyrillic during your trip, but you can resolve this problem by buying a Moscow map written in the Latin alphabet.
More information about Moscow
Food and Drink
More Places to Visit
You can receive the vehicle you have rented on flypgs.com and have a comfortable trip after landing at Domodedovo International Airport, which is 34 km away from the city center and the most important airport of Moscow - one of the most important airports of Russia even, with the Pegasus Airlines tickets you have for cheap flights to Moscow.
There are also many public transportation alternatives to reach the city center. You can use trains, buses and minibuses to do so. You can reach the city center in 45 minutes by using the express train lines. However, it may take longer than 1 hour with other train lines. You should also remember that trains work between 6 am - 12 am.
Another transportation alternative is the metro. You can reach the metro by buses and shuttle services that take off every 15 minutes from the airport. It's possible to reach the city center approximately in half an hour. You should also remember that shuttle services that take off in every 15 minutes between 6 am - 12 am start to take off in every 40 minutes after 12 am.
There are also many alternatives for transportation after you reach the city center. Especially historical Moscow metro is a fast and affordable option in addition to having a very fascinating architecture. Even though the most popular places to visit are mostly in walking distance, it's important to take advantage of other means of transportation since Moscow is a big city. It's possible to reach almost everywhere by buses, trolleybuses and minibuses called marshrutka. However, don't forget that you need to take the heavy traffic into consideration as well.
Being one of the most famous metropols of the world, Moscow is one of the cities that offer many shopping alternatives. Apart from shopping centers with worldwide renown brands, most of which are open for 24 hours, it also stands out with streets where small boutiques are located. There are also bazaars where there are souvenirs of Moscow for tourists.
- GUM - GUM, which has witnessed the Russian history and is one of the historical buildings of the city, had been used for many purposes before it became a department store. The building, which still exists even though it has gone through many misfortunes since the beginning of 1800s, creates the impression of a museum rather than a shopping center. GUM, which is open between 10 am - 10pm, is one of the places that must be seen with many worldwide known brands, places to eat and the building's glamour. Address: 3 Red Sq. GUM Department Store
- Tverskaya Ulitsa -You can find anything you can think of on Tverskaya Street, where the heart of shopping beats with many great boutiques. You can come across the best kinds of vodka and Russian caviar on this street where you can shop for foods, drinks and gifts that are unique to Moscow. Address:Tverskaya Ulitsa, Moscow
- Izmaylovisky Park - You can find traditional Russian and Middle Asian art products, gifts, old clothes and accessories in Izmaylovisky Park, which is one of the most pleasant places to shop. This park, which alllows you to feel the pleasure of open-air shopping, is also known as one of the biggest parks of Europe. Address: Izmaylovskoye Shosse, Moscow, Russia
- Biblio-Globus - Biblio-Globus is one of the stops those who love reaching books, movies and magazines from different parts of the world will adore. It's possible to find many products from travel books to literary works, movies to stationary in this bookstore, which has a reputable name in Europe. Address: ul Myasnitskaya, 6/3 building 1 | Metro Lubyanka, Moscow, Russia
- Nikol'skaya Ulitsa - Nikol’skayam, which is one of the oldest streets of Moscow, is only open to pedestrians. You can shop from the boutiques on this street and then have a cup coffee for recreation. Address:Nikol'skaya ulitsa, Moscow, Russia
Food and Drink in Moscow
There many food and drink alternatives for everyone in Moscow. It's possible to taste the beautiful foods of Russia, which has a quite rich cuisine, in restaurants that are suitable for all kinds of budgets. Although you can make more budget-friendly choices for food and drinks, you can also prefer more luxurious restaurants. Moscow has a great variety in that sense. Don't leave Moscow without tasting the famous borsch soup of the Russian cuisine.
- Café Pushkin - Café Pushkin, which serves traditional Russian foods in a 19th century atmosphere, is one of the most elegant restaurants of Moscow. Address:Tverskoy Boulevard, 26A, Moscow 103009, Russia
- Bizon - If you're curious about where to eat the best meat in Moscow, Bizon is one of the recommended places. You can eat really delicious meats and drink high-quality wine in Bizon, which is a bit more than the average with its delicious high-quality dishes and stylish atmosphere. Address:Malaya Dmitrovka, 20, Moscow 127006, Russia
- Baltic Bread - A variety of breads, cakes, muffins, cookies and pies can be found in Baltic Bread, which is one of the most pleasant places to go for a breakfast or a cup of coffee in the afternoon. It's an ideal choice for those who want to have a breakfast accompanied by a delicious cup of coffee or many delicious tea options. Address:Malaya Dmytrovka, 3/10, bld. 1
- Stolovaya No:57 - You can't not drink borsch soup when you've already come all that way to Moscow. Stolovaya No:57, where you can drink the best borsch soup in the city, is located in GUM Department Store on Red Square. It can be an economical and delicious choice to give a short break from shopping. Address:3 Red Sq. GUM Department Store
- Kvartira 44 - If you're looking for an enjoyable and warm place in Moscow, Kvartira 44, which serves both Russian and European kitchens together, may be your favourite. This place, where you can have a nice dinner accompanied by live music or have a breakfast, is a small and comfy apartment. Address:Ulitsa Bolshaia Nikitskaya 22/2, Moscow
Accommodation in Moscow
There are accommodation alternatives for all kinds of budgets in Moscow. There are options of rental apartments especially for group holidays, hostels mostly preferred by students, worldwide famous hotel chains and many other hotels.
- Best Western Plus Vega Hotel & Convention Center - Moskova’nın en keyifli yerlerinden birinde bulunan Best Western Plus Vega Hotel & Convention Center, which is located in one of the most pleasant places of Moscow, offers comfort and affordable prices at the same time. It's also suitable for business meetings. Address:Izmailovskoe Shosse 71 Bld.3V, Izmailovo, 105613 Moscow
- Mama Ro Apartments at Chistye Ponds - If you're planning a economical and comfortable stay in Moscow where you'll share the costs with your friends, it'll be very convenient to use your choice in favor of a rental apartment. Mama Ro Apartments will meet your expectations with its central location, stylish design and a capacity of 4 people. If you'll go there in winter, it'll be beneficial to make your hotel reservations for Moscow a bit earlier. Address:Gusyatnikov Pereulok 4 Bld. 3, Basmanny, 101000 Moscow
- Crowne Plaza Moscow World Trade Centre - Crowne Plaza Moscow is one of the hotels that can be recommended for guests who seek a luxurious accommodation especially in business trips due to its location that is close to business centers. Address:Krasnopresnenskaya Naberezhnaya 12, Presnensky, 123610 Moscow
- Narnia Hostel on Arbat - You can stay alone or with your friends in Narnia Hostel which provides affordable accomodation which is generally preferred by students. It can be preferred with its central location and spacious rooms. Address:Arbat Street 51 Bld.1, Arbat, 119002 Moscow
- Smolenskaya House - Smolenskaya House, which is a good choice for trips with friends or family, is suitable for the accommodation of 2-4 people with its spacious rooms. It can be preferred for its location that is close to the city center and the metro station. Address:Smolenskaya Ulitsa Area, Arbat, 115446 Moscow
Places to Visit in Moscow
Moscow is a city that is rich with museums, parks, squares, cathedrals and art galleries and there are too many places to see. There may be places you'll want to see for the second time in the city that has many details that will surprise from Kremlin to Moscow Metro.
- Metro Line - Metro stations are one of the first things to see in Moscow. There are glamourous chandeliers, ornaments and paintings in the stations of the world's second biggest metro line. Its metro line that has been elaborately designed like a museum is worth seeing. Some of the stops that are especially recommended to see are Arbatskaya, Belorusskaya, Novoslobodskaya.
- Red Square - Red Square, which is also called Kremlin Square, is located right at the center of Moscow. The vicinity of the square is surrounded by other classical must-see spots of Moscow. Kremlin Palace, St. Basil's Cathedral, GUM Department Store and State Historical Museum are located near this square.
- St. Basil's Cathedral - This cathedral that is side by side with Kremlin Palace and has the most interesting architecture in the city, is comprised of 8 different domes that symbolise a different victory. These domes in different sizes and colors add fairy atmosphere to the city. Address:Krasnaya ploshad, Moscow, 109012
- Kremlin Palace - Kremlin Palace, which is impossible to visit all of it and has become a symbol of Moscow, is one of the places one shouldn't leave before seeing.
- Bolshoi Theatre - Being one of the most important stages in the world, Bolshoi Theatre was constructed in 1825 and is one of the must-see places. This theatre that is in walking distance to Red Square is also one of the landmarks of the city. Address:Theatre Square, 1, Moscow, 125009
Nightlife in Moscow
Moscow is one of the cities that keep living at nights as much as they do during the day. It's very rich in terms of night clubs and bars. There are many people in the world who come to Moscow only for its entertainment and nightlife. Worldwide famous DJs' performances are an integral part of Moscow's nightlife. Now matter what time of the year you go there, a wild nightlife wille be waiting for you in Moscow.
- Propaganda - Propaganda, which is a bar where many worldwide famous DJs have performed, is one of the places preferred by those who love dancing and nightlife. Address:Bolshoy Zlatoustinsky Lane, 7, Moscow
- City Space Bar - City Space Bar, which is one of the places which sees the city from above, is located on the 34th floor of Swiss Hotel. You can watch many regions of the city while having a drink in this bar, which is covered in glass on all sides. Address:52 Kosmodamianskaya Naberejnaya, Swiss Hotel
- Gipsy - Gipsy, which a nice and colorful place with a pool in the middle, turns into a lively night club at nights from a calm cafe-bar where you can have a drink in the afternoon. Address:Bolotnaya naberezhnaya 3/4, Moscow
- 16 Tons Club - 16 Tons, which has a calm atmosphere like an English pub in the afternoon, turns into a night club where music doesn't stop until the morining by increasing the volume of sounds at night. Address:Presnensky val 6 | Metro Ulitsa 1905 goda, Moscow
- Lootch - Being a restaurant-bar where works of artists are exhibited unlike classic bars, Lootch is a enjoyable place that hosts art-loving guests. Address:Bol. Pirogovskaya, 27, Moscow, Russia
Country Code: +7 495
Unknown Numbers: 09
Domodedovo Airport: +7 495 933-6666