Both the capital and largest city of Ukraine, Kiev is the perfect destination, thanks to a vibrant social life, exciting nightclubs, delicious food, and memorable sights. Built on the traces of several important civilizations that settled in these lands throughout the ages, it has a long and rich history. Book flights to Kiev with Pegasus for an affordable holiday in Europe.
Places to Visit in Kiev
- Zoloti Vorota: A symbol of Kiev and one of the oldest structures built in Eastern Europe, Zoloti Vorota was built by Yaroslav the Wise, a grand prince of Kiev.
- Monastery of the Caves: Discover this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most important religious locations of the Orthodox Church.
- Khreshchatyk Street: This is the heart of life. Browse the stops and pop in the cute cafés.
- Chernobyl Tour: The bitter memory of Kiev, the Chernobyl disaster has become a tourist attraction. Visit the town with a tour company to see the aftermath.
- Dnieper River Tour: On the shoulder of Kiev, Dnieper River offers incredible sunset views.
What to Eat in Kiev?
- Chicken Kiev: Chicken filet pounded and rolled around cold butter, then coated with eggs and bread crumbs, and either fried or baked is one of the best answers to this question.
- Vareniki: A famous Russian pastry, Vareniki is one of the most sought-after treats.
- Kiev Cake: A delicious dessert featuring hazelnut meringue and cacao.
Where to Eat in Kiev?
- Khreshchatyk Street: A wide selection of restaurants lines the street in the city centre.
- Mechnykova Street: Try out the many Kiev restaurants here.
- Mala Zhytomyrska Street: Look here for cheap and fast dining.
Kiev from the Sky
Surrounded by parks and forests, Kiev is divided into two by the Dnieper River. Inspired by Russian architecture, the city is enchanting with its preserved texture and magnificent atmosphere.
Transportation in Kiev
As a developed city, Kiev boasts many public transportation options. Get around to all the attractions by hopping on the metro or take a minibus or taxi to get anywhere you’d like. Uber is also very common. Otherwise, Kiev is ideal for those who enjoy long walks; many central areas are perfect for leisurely strolls.
Kiev Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Country Code: +380
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 102
- Fire: 101
- Kyiv Zhuliany International Airport (IEV): +380 44 585 7254