Traveling to Kastamonu (KFS)
Visit Kastamonu, where time seems to pass slower, to convene with nature, unwind, and find peace. Once you’re ready to live in the moment, book cheap Kastamonu flights with Pegasus for an affordable and comfortable trip.
Places to Visit in Kastamonu
- Kastamonu Clock Tower: A long-standing witness to history and worth the climb for scenic views.
- Küre Mountains National Park: Nature lovers have much to see here, including a number of natural formations, such as Valla Canyon and Ilıca Waterfall.
- Gideros Bay: Lush green landscapes meet clear blue waters at this idyllic respite perfect for fishing or hiking.
What to Eat in Kastamonu?
- Simit Tiridi: ‘Tirit’ (brewis), as mentioned frequently in Turkish folk songs, is a must-try local dish.
- Etli Ekmek (bread with meat): Baked in a wood oven, this delectable treat will become one of many treasured memories from your trip.
- Kuyu Kebabı (meat cooked in an underground pit oven): Cooked in a well for around six hours, kuyu kebabı is one of the most delicious foods in Kastamonu.
Where to Eat in Kastamonu?
- Downtown: A haven for meat lovers, the downtown area is home to many local restaurants.
- Taşköprü: Try kuyu kebabı in this small, cute province, where it is said to have originated before spreading across the rest of Anatolia.
Kastamonu from the Sky
Located on the shores of West Black Sea, Kastamonu brims with quiet and peaceful scenery, where history meets nature.
Transportation in Kastamonu
You can reach most of the must-sees in Kastamonu via public buses. For a more convenient option, you can take taxis.
Kastamonu Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Country code: +90
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 155
- Fire: 110
- Kastamonu Airport (KFS): 0366 220 02 54