Welcome to Edremit. Your Pegasus flight will bring you to this beautiful city in Turkey at a fraction of the cost, making a trip to Edremit more affordable than ever!
Located in the shades of the Mount Ida, Edremit is one of the most preferred vacation spots, especially by domestic tourists, in Turkey with its coastal towns like Zeytinli, Akcay, Gureand Altinoluk. Balikesir's popular town Edremit has also a fame all around the world. Because this place has the title of being the area with the highest amount of oxygen in the world. With it's clear air, cold sea and Aegean cuisine's most delicious dishes, Edremit is not only popular among places where people go for vacations but also among those where people move to live the rest of their lives after getting retired. Edremit has a geography that is rich with beaches. These beaches, which make it more fun to swim in the cold water of North Aegean Sea, all become very lively and colorful in the summer. In addition to that, Edremit covers an area that is also rich with thermal water. Edremit's healing side is the biggest reason for many people from different places to buy flight tickets to Edremit.
Top Landmarks in Edremit
- Zeus Altar - It is said that at Zeus Altar, Zeus was able to watch the Trojan War. Today, the altar is located on the mountain overlooking the beautiful Aegean coast.
- Kazdaglari Daridere Tabiat Parki - At this wonderful park, you will be able to hike to see beautiful creeks and waterfalls.
- Ayazma - This large waterfall is nice to visit for the scenery alone, or if you feel brave, you can jump on in and enjoy the cold and refreshing water.
What to Eat in Edremit
- Menemen - This is a typical Turkish breakfast dish of scrambled eggs cooked with sautéed vegetables, and then served with bread.
- Köfte - This Turkish dish consists of balls of ground beef or lamb that is served with sandwiches, over salads, or even with yoghurt.
Landscapes in Edremit
Edremit is situated at the tip of the Gulf of Edremit with the town centre just a few km inland. Edremit is mostly covered in forest.
Transportation in Edremit
To get around Edremit, it is best to either rent a car or use a taxi.
Edremit airports served
- Edremit is served by the Balıkesir Koca Seyit Airport (EDO).
More information about Edremit
Food and Drink
More Places to Visit
One can reach Edremit through land, air and sea. You can go to Edremit with Pegasus Airlines and rent a car on fylpgs.com to use it during your vacation. Having a car is the best transportation option in Edremit to go to different inlets and beaches whenever you want. You can use special transfer services and taxis to go to the city from the airport. Municipal public transportation is another option you can use in the city.
Being small vacation town, Edremit doesn't have that many shopping alternatives. However you can find anything you need during your stay in Olivecity Outlet Shopping and Life Center in the town of Akcay. Other than that, you can buy gifts from the boutiques located in the market place of the town you are staying. Don't forget to buy extra virgin olive oil from Edremit for yourself and people you love as a gift. This way, you'll have a chance to remember Edremit in every meal for a year.
Food and Drink in Edremit
Edremit means Aegean, Aegean means delicacies with olive oil! Imagine a dining table facing the sea with fish and delicious mezzes made of the best herbs of Aegean on it. Artichoke with olive oil, stuffed vine leaves, black eyed peas, pilaki, tarama (some kind of mezze made with fish eggs) and salads... The best answer to the question of "What does one eat in Edremit?" must be that all kinds of beauties offered by nature are turned into a dish and eaten with pleasure.
If you're looking for a warm place where you can have a breakfast or dinner in the greens of the Mountain Ida, Zeytinbagi Restaurant of Hotel Zeytinbagi in Camlibel Village. Even if you don't accommodate here, you can eat a pleasing dinner comprised of peerless Aegean delicacies with great herbs and olive oil.
If you want to have a feast of fish for dinner, there are many option waiting for you in the shore area of Edremit. Hasanaki Restaurant located on the seaside in Altinoluk Narlialti Mevkii is one of those. This is a lovely and warm fish restaurant where you need to drop by to eat the fish and other sea food of the Aegean Sea with your friends.
One of the things you can eat when you suddenly get hungry after swimming is "gozleme". We recommend you to drop by Hanimeli Gozleme in Edremit Kizilkecili Village for a cold and foamy glass of "ayran" and homemade gozleme. You can also taste "cigborek" which is another specialty of the restaurant.
Accommodation in Edremit
There are no ultra-luxurious hotels in Edremit. This is a small genuine and humble vacation town. Naturally, hostels and apartment hotels get the most attention. You can have a stay that fits well with Edremit's soul by choosing one of the alternatives that are as clean and comfortable as your own home. Make sure that you make your reservations a couple of months in advance. It may be hard to find a room when the season starts.
- Sevinc Apart Otel - You can stay with your friends or family in this apartment hotel that is in walking distance to the sea and very close to the center. You can sit in its garden and have chats with other guests or the hotel's owners. Address: Dokuz Eylul Cad. 1. Sok. No:4 Altinoluk / Edremit
- Ozdemir Apart Pansiyon - You can stay in peace in the clean rooms of the hostel which is located by the sea in Altınoluk. You can stay in this hostel for reasonable prices with its 1+1 and 2+1 apartment options and get in the sea using the pier in front of the hostel. Address: Altinoluk Beldesi İskele mah. İsmet pasa cad. Ozdemir 1 sitesi Z Blok D:1 Altinoluk / Edremit
- Club Afrodit Holiday Village - If you want more than a hostel or apart hotel for your vacation, Club Afrodit may be an ideal accommodation alternative for you. Especially families with kids will have a comfortable stay in Club Afrodit Holiday Village. Address: Altinoluk 10870 Edremit
- Adrina Hotel De Luxe Health & Spa - In this hotel located by the sea in Edremit Gure, you can not only enjoy the sun and the sea but also use its spa and massage services. Address: Iskele Mah. Orman Kampi Cad. No:2 Edremit, 10395 Gure
- Melodi Motel - You can stay in this seaside hotel in Akçay, which is one of the most beautiful plaaces of Edremit, and enjoy the summer and the sea in its private beach. Address: Turgutreis Cad. Akcay, 10300 Akcay
Places to Visit in Edremit
Located in between The Mount Ida and The Aegean Sea, Edremit has many places to see. Everywhere you'll see in this area, that is rich with thermal springs, beaches and picnic areas, will renew your soul and body and fill you with the joy of living. Your Edremit trip, which is going to make you think harder about nature's heritage and all the beauties it provides, will be one of the unforgettable memories in your life.
- Beaches - There are many beaches to get in the sea all along the shores of Akcay and Altinoluk in Edremit. Our firsr recommendation is Akcay Beach with its pebbly beach and clear water. In Akcay, which is rich with spring waters, spring water gushes out into the sea. That's why it's sea is relatively colder. It's known as the second oxygen-rich area after The Mountain Ida and many coves in Altinoluk Beaches are blue-flagged.
- Thermal Springs - In Gure Therma Spring that is near Akcay town of Edremit, the water is 64°C. Gure Thermal Spring is visited as an alternative medication for many problems like gynaecological illnesses, guatr and dermathological problems. You can also accommodate here. Another famous thermal spring of Edremit is Derman Thermal Spring with its water healing rheumatism, kidney stones and gynaecological problems. You can bathe in thermal water in bathtubs by staying here. Another well known thermal spring is Bostanci-Entur Thermal Spring located in the outer parts of Burhaniye-Edremit. It's known that its 51°C water is good for many problems ranging from rheumatism to sciatica and even gynaecological problems.
- Green Areas - There are picnic areas in many parts that see the woods in Edremit. You can have a picnic in these areas or eat in the restaurants that are located in the middle of trees. Pinarbasi Picnic Area located in Gure Village is one of those. In this picnic area in Pinarbasi, which has a small spring, there is also a trout farm. Sahin River, located in the skirts of The Mount Ida in Altinoluk is also a picnic area in the middle of the greens. There are also the options of accommodating here or eating in the restaurant. Another picnic area is Caglayan Picnic Area in Kizilkecili Village. If you enjoy nature as much as the sea, Edremit will fascinate you with its green areas.
- Rivers and Waterfalls - There are many rivers and waterfalls in Edremit which is one of the regions that are rich with fresh water sources. Mihli Stream, which is a small river in the woods on the Altinoluk-Canakkale route, is one of them. Subasi Waterfall, that is located near Altinoluk Doyran Village road, is one of the sources that meets the city's water demands. You can sit in the tea houses located right next to Subasi Waterfall and enjoy its fresh water. If you get a little bit away from Edremit, we recommend you to see the Sutucem Waterfall that is located on Izmir-Canakkale road, 20 km away from Edremit. You can enjoy the view in this area, which is on top of a hill and have picnic in the picnic area. One of the other waterfalls of Edremit, Hasanboguldu Waterfall is a bit away from Sutuven Picnic Area. There is a waterfall and a small lake in Hasanboguldu where you'll reach by getting to the other side of of the river in Sutuven Waterfall and following the pathway for 1 km.
Edremit’s nightlife is generally experienced in restaurants where one can eat while listening to live music, small bars and discos. It's a calm town; it's not that possible to talk about a wild nightlife in Edremit.Taverns, where people chat with their friends for hours, and discos where young people dance to upbeat music are details that make Edremit nights more fun for people in different age groups.
- Country Code: +90
- General Emergency: 112
- Police: 155
- Fire: 110
- Ambulance: 112
- Balıkesir Edremit Airport: +90 266 373 1070