Named after the Düssel River, Düsseldorf promises a vacation where culture meets delicacy. You can have an unforgettable adventure into the heart of the world of fashion and fun on your Düsseldorf journey. For Düsseldorf tickets, you can browse through Pegasus’ fares and choose the one that best fits your budget. Düsseldorf becomes the centre of business trips during the exhibition period. If you don’t like crowded vacations, you can skip this period.
Düsseldorf, which is a city of both culture and industry, is also very well known for its Nightlife. Located on both sides of River Rhine and named after Düssel, which flows into River Rhine, Düsseldorf is located in the state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It's enough to see the city for once to be fascinated by Düsseldorf, which draws attention with its festivals, fairs and being one of the important centers of fashion as well as its beautiful scenery. If you want to be surrounded by the excitement of living the magic of this city, you can start checking tickets for cheap flights to Düsseldorf. It's not hard at all to see how developed the city thanks to the contemporary architecture of Düsseldorf where there many buildings that reflects the traces of the past. This sweet city of Germany gets heavy precipitation throughout year. There is no way to run away from rain but you can protect yourself from the cold weather of Düsseldorf by scheduling your trip in spring or summer. We recommend you not to forget your umbrella while packing.
Attractions in Düsseldorf
- Königsallee: Königsallee, divided by a canal, hosts the most luxurious shops of Düsseldorf and is a magical place to walk amongst the lush greenery.
- Altstadt: The historic centre of Düsseldorf; Altstadt is known for having the longest street of bars in the world.
- Hofgarten: Don’t miss the opportunity to wander around one of the most fascinating parks in Germany.
What to Eat in Düsseldorf
- Düsseldorfer Senfrostbraten: A traditional food of Düsseldorf, it is made by adding mustard to oven baked beef.
- Blutwurst: If you are passionate about sausage you should taste Blutwurst, the blood sausage, on your Düsseldorf trip.
- Rote grütze: Düsseldorf locals’ favourite dessert is made from red fruits; rote grütze.
Where to Eat in Düsseldorf
- Altstadt: There are elegant restaurants where you can try traditional Düsseldorf food in this district, also known as the old town.
- Berger Street: The most luxurious restaurants and cafés in Düsseldorf are located on this street.
Düsseldorf, divided into two by a river, welcomes travellers with its modern architecture. One of the highest buildings of the city, the Rheinturm (Rhine Tower), salutes those flying into Düsseldorf and the peaceful atmosphere of the city can be felt even from the sky. If you are wondering about Düsseldorf flight ticket fares, check out Pegasus’ fares. Affordable prices are waiting for you!
Transportation in Düsseldorf
Düsseldorf has an advanced public transportation system. Subway, bus, tram and train are used for local transportation. There are also special lanes for cyclists in Düsseldorf, though people who want to reach their destinations fast and easy often prefer a taxi.
More information about Düsseldorf
Food and Drink
More Places to Visit
After purchasing your economical flight tickets from Pegasus and having a three and a half hours long journey, the first point you'll put your feet in the city will be Düsseldorf International Airport. You have 4 alternatives to reach the city center from this airport, which has the trait of being the 3rd biggest airport of Germany, as trains, buses, taxis and private cars. Transportation is quite developed in Düsseldorf. You can realize that right after you land at the airport. The main means of transportation from airport to the city center Düsseldorf, where railway transportation is widely used, is the train. You can say a real "Hello" to Düsseldorf after an approximately 15 minute journey. The bus with the number 721 is another option you can use for transportation. You can also reach wherever you want to go in the city easily by a taxi and rent a car from the offices in the airport if you think that you'll need an alternative that is a bit more private.
Düsseldorf is a true heaven for those who like shopping. It's possible to find anything from stores of huge brands to small gift shops in the city.
- Altstadt - Once one says shopping in Düsseldorf, the first thing that comes to mind is Altstadt. Cafes where you can relax after a shopping spree will also be waiting for you on this street.
- Königsallee - Königsallee Street offers a shopping experience filled with stores of worldwide known brands.
- La Cure Gourmande - This shop, which can be seen as the address of candies and chocolates with unforgettable tastes, is famous for serving gourmet tastes. Address: Schadow Arkaden, 11, Düsseldorf
- Schadow - Schadow Street, is one of the famous shopping street not only of Düsseldorf but also of the whole Germany, will amaze you with its atmosphere.
- Carlsplatz Market - In this market where you can shop for foods, it's possible to find everything from vegetables to fruits, fish to cheese. We also reccomend you to have a fish soup here, if you have the chance. Address: Benrather & Miittels Streets, Düsseldorf
Food and Drink in Düsseldorf
It's possible to taste outstanding delicacies of the world cuisine in Düsseldorf which draws tourists from many countries. Since there are many Turkish people living in the city, don't be surprised when you see restaurants that serve dishes from the Turkish cuisine. Here are the Düsseldorf restaurants that will bring delicious tastes to your table:
- Im Fuchschen - In this restaurant, where you'll have the chance to try German delicacies with traditional beer, desserts are just as good. Address: Ratinger St., 28-30, Düsseldorf
- Im Schiffchen - The historical texture of this Düsseldorf restaurant, where gourmet tastes from German, Italian and French cuisines are served, is as striking as its delicacies. Address:Kaiserswerther Markt, 9, Düsseldorf
- Sattgrun - Don't think that you'll have a hard time in Düsseldorf, where meat and fish are consumed a lot, if you're a vegan. Sattgrun serves delicious meals for you. Address: Graf Adolf Platz, 6, Düsseldorf
- Dene & Gör Döner - If you want to get seated by a nice Turkish table and have an enjoyable meal in Düsseldorf, Dene&Gör Döner should be your address. Located at Graf Adolf Strasse, 58, Düsseldorf
- El Lazo - The warm atmosphere of this restaurant, where you can feel a breeze of South America in Düsseldorf, will make you taste beautiful tastes and have some quality time. Address:Bolkerstrasse, 11, Düsseldorf
Accommodation in Düsseldorf
You have many accommodation alternatives in Düsseldorf. Centrally located hotels' prices are a bit higher than the average. Even if the hotel that is suitable to your budget is located a bit outside of the city center, you can choose that alternative thanks to the developed city transportation system.
- Innside by Melia Düsseldorf Hafen - This hotel by the River Rhine will give you peace with its spacious rooms and white decoration. Address: Speditionstrasse 9, Hafen, Düsseldorf
- Hyatt Regency Düsseldorf - This hotel which lays a city view and River Rhine right before your feet is one of the most luxurious ones in the city. Address: Speditionstraße 19, Hafen, Düsseldorf
- Derag Livinghotel de Medici - The hotel which brings modern architecture and art together will amaz you with its facilities as much as its stylish rooms. Address: Mühlenstrasse, 31, Altstadt, Düsseldorf
- Haus Litzbrück - It's guaranteed to have a peaceful vacation in Haus Litzbrück which has a green garden and looks like a big mansion. Address: Bahnhofstraße, 33, Angermund, Düsseldorf
- A&O Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof - This centrally located low-budget guest house can be preferred for its high quality service and rooms with personal showers. Address: Corneliusstr, 9, Karlstadt, Düsseldorf
Places to Visit in Düsseldorf
- Schloss Benrath - The sculptures and the fountain in the back yard of this palace, which is known for its amazing architecture and peaceful garden must be seen. Address: Benrather Schlossallee, 100-106, Düsseldorf
- Kaiserpfalz Kaiserswerth - Castle ruins from hundreds of years ago will take you to a historical journey in Kaiserpfalz Kaiserswerth, where you'll see many historical works while having an enjoyable walk in the areas filled with trees. Address: Kaiserswerth, Golzheimer, Düsseldorf
- Rathaus - This construction which is a gift from the 16th century combines historical texture and glamour and creates a fascinating ambience in the city center. Address: Altstadt, Düsseldorf
- Johanneskirche - The interesting and striking architecture of the church is one of the details that make it special for Düsseldorf. Thanks to the magnificence of this building that was built in the 19th century you won't have to look for it. Address: Martin- Luther- Platz, 39, Düsseldorf
- Schlossturm - The naval museum inside of this building which is a former tower will make you have a satisfying time even though it's small. Address: Burgplatz, Düsseldorf
- Haus der Japanischen Kultur - There are spots constructed in Japanese architectural style and a temple in this place, which creates a Japan atmosphere in Düsseldorf. If you like Japanese culture, you should definitely stop by here. Address: Brüggener Weg 6, Düsseldorf
- St. Lambertus Church - This gothic church, which was constructed in 1394, is one of the important spots in Düsseldorf where you'll meet history. In adition to its outside, the church's inferior architecture also has the power to make you fall in love with it. Address: Stiftsplatz, Altstadt, Düsseldorf
Nightlife and Düsseldorf are almost synonymous words. In Düsseldorf, where you'll come across all kinds of places, everywhere you go will be the best of its style. Bars that have been lined side by side in Altstadt made the region known as " the world's longest bar".
- Et Kabüffke Killepitschstube - This spot which is one of the most popular places in Düsseldorf is attention grabbing thanks to its unique design. The most famous drinks of the place are its liquors. Address: Flinger Straße, 1, Düsseldorf
- Schloesser Quartier Boheme - The club which is known for its parties that keep on until the morning is very vivid and crowded especially on saturday nights. The place will also charge you with its endless energy. Address: Ratinger Strasse, 25, Düsseldorf
- Kassette - You'll have the chance to taste very special German beers in this place where live music performances are held. Address: Flugelstrasse, 58, Düsseldorf
- Engel Düsseldorf - You can have a pleasant night in Engel, which is one of the most popular rock bars of the city and a must-visit for those who like rock music. Address: Bolkerstrasse, 33, Düsseldorf
- Pitcher Rock’n Roll Headquarters - The ambience of this place, where you can have an enjoyable time with rock'n roll songs, will take you to 1950s and 1960s. Address: Oberbilker Allee, 29, Düsseldorf
- Country Code: +49
- Ambulance: 112
- Fire: 112
- Police: 110
- Düsseldorf International Airport: +49 211 42 10