With your affordable Pegasus Airline ticket, you will be able to fly into Denizli, Turkey and enjoy this industrial city.
Being a warm bridge between Aegean and Mediterranean regions, Denizli is one of the most tourist attracting cities of Turkey with both its natural beauties and historical values.Denizli, being for its textile products as well as its roosters, is also one of the most economically developed cities in the country. So much that the city is mentioned as one of the "Anatolian Tigers" which is a phrase used to describe development in economy and industry. The city also includes the highest mountain of Aegean Region and Pamukkale, which is a peerless natural beauty. Even though these reasons are good enough to buy flight tickets to Denizli, the city is not only made up of these. The fact that Denizli, which will create an impact on you with its historical and architectural pieces, was a settlement area before Christ has caused many antique cities to be found. These antique town which are on UNESCO World Culture Heritage List are some of the things that make the city special. Peaceful bird chirps will accompany your vacation in Denizli where there are a lot of trees.
Top Landmarks in Denizli
- Pamukkale - The first thing you should visit in Denizli is Pamukkale, which means cotton castle. Pamukkale has been a spa since the 2nd century BC.
- Laodicea - Here, you can see the ruins of this ancient town built on the Lycus River.
- Hierapolis - This UNESCO World Heritage site hosts both a museum and ancient ruins.
What to Eat in Denizli
- Dondurmalı İrmik Helvası - This is a dessert made from warm semolina and pine nuts, with a scoop of ice cream.
- Kaşarlı Alabalık - This is a type of fish covered in cheese.
Landscapes in Denizli
Denizli is nestled into a hillside by the Büyük Menderes River.
Transportation in Denizli
Denizli is a very small city, so public transportation is often not necessary. There are minibuses and buses, but most of the time, you will be able to walk.
Denizli airports served
- Denizli is served by the Çardak Airport (DNZ).
More information about Denizli
Food and Drink
More Places to Visit
You don't need to spend too much time to reach Denizli. Buy your promotional tickets right away and keep your energy to explore Denizli.
The airport is located in Cardak, which is a vicinity of Denizli. Denizli Cardak Airport, which carries the same name with the vicinity is 65 km away from the city center and 5 km away from the center of Cardak. You can easily reach the city center with paid shuttle services from the airport.
Apart from shuttles, another transportation alternative to the city center is renting a car from the offices in the airport. The car you rent can allow you to be more flexible about the transportation in the city in addition to taking you to the center.
Places you can shop in Denizli are located in the city center as well as around Denizli travertines.
Shopping centers like Forum Camlik and Teras Park can help you find everything you're looking for in one place. Apart from these, you can find home textile in Babadaglilar Is Hanı, which is one of the most famous market places of the Aegean Region.
Food and Drink in Denizli
Located in between Aegean and Mediterranean areas, Denizli has a food culture that reflects this. Although meat dishes are a part of this cuisine, vegetable dishes are much more common in Denizli. If you like vegetables and fruits, Denizli will please you a lot. The tastes you shouldn't leave the city before trying out are:
- Black Eyed Pea Soup
- Ovmac Soup
- Tas Kapama
- Stuffed Dried Aubergines
- Stuffed Liver
If you're curious about Denizli restaurant which serve delicious foods and make you leave the table very pleased:
- Mehmet’s Heaven - The home foods prepared in the place, which is located on a spot where you'll find peace while watching Pamukkale travertines during your meal, are as good as the view. Address: Ataturk Cad., 25, Denizli
- White House Restaurant &Cafe - While blue and white colors heavily used in the decoration makes you feel as if you're in Santorini, delicious Denizli dishes will be your company. Address:Ataturk Caddesi, Pamukkale Mah., 7, Denizli
- Kebapci Halil - If you want to eat unforgettable kebabs in Denizli, the address is already known; Kebapci Halil.You should especially try "tandir kebab", which is a taste that is peculiar to Denizli, here. Address:Eski Saraykoy Cad., 357 Sok., 3/E, Denizli
- Lamuko’s Lokanta - Lamuko’s Lokanta, where you can taste amazing delicacies from the Asian cuisine while breathing the air of Denizli, is quite affordable. The fact that it's close to Denizli travertines is another favourable thing about it. Address: Ataturk Cad., Kale Mah., 8, Denizli
- Saki Restaurant - It'll win your heart with its green and fresh garden as well as its rich menu. Moreover, you go to this highly stylish restaurant for every meal of the day. Address: Merkez Efendi Mah., Feslegen Sok., 2, Denizli
Accommodation in Denizli
There are accommodation alternatives for all kinds of budgets in Denizli. You have the chance to accommodate in both big chain hotels and smaller hotels. Additionally, you can stay in apartments that are preferred for their affordable prices and comfort. Here are some of the spots where you can accommodate in Denizli:
- Yildirim Otel - A Denizli view will be waiting for you when you look out from the windows of this hotel which allows you to go anywhere in the easily thanks to its central location. Address: Santral Garaj Ustu, 13. Sok., Denizli
- Siir Butik Otel - You'll be amazed by the poems written on the walls of this hotel which keeps Turkish poets alive with portraits and sculptures in its lobby. Also, Turkish bath and spa center will add up to your joy. Address: Zeytinkoy Mah., Acipayam Bulvari, 25, Denizli
- North Point Hotel - Spacious rooms and facilities offered by North Point Hotel, which serves delicacies from Aegean and Meditarrenean cuisines, will help you have a better vacation. Address:Fevzi Cakmak Bulvari, 129, Denizli
- Anemon Denizli - A wide variety of services from hairdressers to swimming pool have been waiting for you in Anemon, which offers a 5-star service. Address: Izmir Karayolu, 3. Kilometre, Denizli
- Denizli Apart - Thanks to the location of these apartments, where you can feel at home, you'll be able to go anywhere very easily. Also, have no doubts that everyting you need will be ready in the apartments. Address: Incilipinar Mah., Fevzi Cakmak Bulvari, 254, Denizli
Places to Visit in Denizli
The places to see in Denizli create a list that is comprised of both natural beauties and historical wealth. You'll witness how special the city is while walking among the wonders of nature and you'll have a journey intime when you visit antique cities.
- Pamukkale Travertines - Wonders of nature, these white travertines will make you feel as if you're in a corner of paradise. Doves swimming in the fascinating pool will prove the uniqueness of the spot. Address:Mehmet Akif Ersoy Bulvari, E87, Denizli
- Laodicea Antique City - You'll have the chance to see the watch excavations in Laodicea, where you can inhale the smell of centuries passing by. The riches this antique city holds is way more than you can ever witness. Address: Goncali Mah., Denizli
- Hierapolis Antique City - You'll see that Hierapolis Antique City, which will amaze you with its historical walk way, church and amphi theatre, defies the passing time. You'll have the chance to see the history that has come out of excavations in a concrete form in the Archeology Museum which is located in the borders of the city. We recommend you not to come back without seeing Anatolia Cemetery in Hierapolis Antique City; a journey filled with history is waiting for you. Address: Orenyeri Kasabasi, Denizli
- Ataturk and Ethnography Museum - You can visit this museum, where photos and items about Denizli and Ataturk are exhibited, for free every day except on mondays when it's closed. Address: Saraylar Mah.,459. Sok., 10, Denizli
- Keloglan Cave - While droops and dickites of the Keloglan Cave, which is a fascinating cave, impress you, the view of Dodurga Plain will accompany you. Address: Dodurga Mah., Acipayam, Denizli
Even though the university located in the city prevents its nightlife from going extinct, it doesn't really allow it to have a colorful nightlife either. The places that are located in the city center cen be visited to have some interesting time in Denizli.
Country Code: +90
Denizli Cardak Airport: 0258 846 11 39