Çorlu's golden beaches are waiting for you. The city, which has witnessed many historic events, has a rapidly growing population with developing industries and increasing immigration. If you are ready to travel to Çorlu, check out the cheap flights to Çorlu that Pegasus offers.
Places to Discover in Çorlu
- Hükümet Meydanı (Hükümet Square): The busiest part of town, Hükümet is in the center of Çorlu. There are many cafes and restaurants in this area.
- Çorlu Kalesi (Çorlu Castle): All the states that have ruled in the area had a military presence in this district because of it being on the way to Istanbul. Çorlu Castle was built by the Eastern Roman Empire to protect Istanbul. After hundreds of years, only a few walls are still standing, but a visit to its remains is still popular among tourists.
- Süleymaniye Camii (the Suleymaniye Mosque): Located in the center of Çorlu, the mosque was built by order of Suleiman the Magnificent in 1521. Details on the gathering place and the minbar will mesmerize you.
Unique Food Discover in Çorlu
- Peynir Helvası (Cheese Halva): Çorlu has been inhabited since Phrygian times, and the old name of the city was "Tribiton," which originally comes from a type of cheese. You can enjoy this dessert, which is served hot, at any bakery.
- Ciğer (Liver): When it comes to Thracian region and food, liver always comes first. If you don't like liver or think that you wouldn’t, floured and fried liver served with onions will be enough to change your mind.
Favorite Places in Çorlu
- Heykel Meydanı (Sculpture Square): Located in the city center, the square and its surrounding area is home to many cafes and restaurants.
- Atatürk Bulvarı (Atatürk Boulevard): Meat restaurants are located mostly on this boulevard. You can also taste the delicious traditional stew of Thrace.
When it comes to Thrace, the first thing that comes to our mind might be large and flat areas, but Çorlu is not like that. It is more like Istanbul. It has become a cosmopolitan place with people from all over Turkey.
Transportation Options in Çorlu
Alternatives for transportation in Çorlu are dolmush, taxi and bus. The population, which is already crowded, is becoming more crowded in the summer. For this reason, renting a car in the summer is a good option.
Useful Phone Numbers in Çorlu
- Country Code: +90
- Police: 155
- Ambulance: 112
- Fire Department: 110
- Tekirdağ Çorlu Airport (TEQ): 0 282 682 40 36