Traveling to Budapest (BUD)
Discover one of the most beautiful European cities featuring architecture you won’t be able to take your eyes off of. Book your seat on cheap flights to Budapest with Pegasus to see this Hungarian city for yourself!
Places to Visit in Budapest
- Hungarian Parliament Building: The third largest parliament building in the world, it’s renowned for its magnificent silhouette. See it up close or glance over while on a boat tour on the river. However, keep in mind visiting the interior is well worth it.
- Széchenyi Chain Bridge: The lights create a romantic atmosphere for evening walks across the Danube as you stroll between the cities of Buda and Pest.
- Fisherman’s Bastion: Enjoy the panoramic city view from a structure that seems to have come straight out of a fairy tale.
- Stephen’s Basilica: Located at the heart of the city, its splendour enchants visitors. Do not miss out on concerts either as music has been at the forefront since the day the basilica was built.
What to Eat in Budapest?
- Goulash: Prepared using veal, onions, garlic, pepper, and potatoes, this traditional Hungarian dish is delicious, hearty, and satisfying.
- Gyros: Also known as shawarma, this delicacy has a totally different presentation and taste in Budapest.
- Langos: Sure to be a culinary highlight of your holiday, this fried yeasty dough comes in multiple varieties with fillings like cheese, ham, and garlic sauce.
- Kürtőskalács: Also called a ‘chimney cake’, it’s a decadent way to sweeten your day.
Where to Eat in Budapest?
- Belvaros: One of the busiest districts in the city, Belvaros is a treat for both your eyes and mouth. Rich history and a variety of restaurant fill its streets.
- Lipotvaros: Who can say no to a lovely dinner by the Danube?
Budapest from the Sky
Marvel at the colourfully lit Danube, bridges that have become symbols of the city, green hilltops as well as wide and busy streets: Budapest is like an art exhibit just for you.
Transportation in Budapest
Budapest has a well-developed public transportation network that takes you literally anywhere in the city. Ticket fares change depending on the distance travelled however. Moreover, daily, weekly, and monthly pass cards let you get around frequently and affordably.
Budapest Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Country Code: +36
- Ambulance: 112
- Police: 112
- Fire: 112
- Budapest Airport (BUD): +36 1 296 7000