Traveling to Belgrade (BEG)
Belgrade, or the ‘White City’, is an attractive destination for millions of tourists due to its vibrant nightlife and cultural heritage. Check Pegasus fares for the cheapest Belgrade flights. Operating regular flights to Belgrade, the capital of Serbia, Pegasus has special offers for you to discover one of the oldest settlements of Europe. This previously war-torn city boasts a captivating history, warm citizens, and inspiring natural beauty.
Places to Visit in Belgrade
- Nikola Tesla Museum: Discover more about the life and work of Nikola Tesla, a renowned scientist.
- Church of Saint Sava: The largest Orthodox Church in the world mesmerises visitors with the high level of exterior detail and enthralling architecture.
- Belgrade Fortress: Located in Kalemegdan, it still towers before visitors, despite the destruction wrought during all the battles fought for it.
- Ada Ciganlija: Travel to this island on Sava River to enjoy trekking paths and dine by the river.
- Gardoš Tower: Just 7 km from the city centre, this structure offers a perfect view of the sunset as well as breath-taking cityscapes.
What to Eat in Belgrade?
- Karadjordjeva: Commonly made of veal, Karadjordjeva is a must-try type of schnitzel.
- Ćevapi: Meatballs are called Ćevapi in Belgrade.
- Krempita: A Serbian dessert made of cream and cake, the soft texture and decadent taste create an unforgettable combination.
- Kobasice: Serbia has numerous types of sausages; kobasice is their general name. Do not forget to try all the different types of meat.
Where to Eat in Belgrade?
- Republic Square: Find affordable and good restaurants in this central location.
- Karadordev Park: Many dining and wining options await.
- Svetogorska: Restaurants specialising in Serbian cuisine line this street.
Belgrade from the Sky
Divided by the Sava River and its blue lights, Belgrade is city where urbanization meets nature. Thanks to excellent city planning, you have many remarkable views to see. With its historical artefacts and bridges, Belgrade is the perfect background for your holiday photos.
Transportation in Belgrade
As Belgrade is a medium-sized city, you could walk to many locations. Otherwise, take a bus, tram, or minibus to get around the city; of course, taking a taxi is always an option as well.
Belgrade Emergency Telephone Numbers
- Country Code: +381
- Ambulance: 194
- Police: 192
- Fire: 193
- Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport (BEG): +381 11 2094444