Enjoy your trip to the resort city of Antalya with a Pegasus flight to Antalya Airport (AYT).
Antalya is Turkey's 7th biggest city. It's Turkey's tourism heaven with a historical heritage laying all along the Mediterranean Sea and vast beaches. Not only the center but also all the coastal towns of the city, which keeps getting bigger and bigger with tourism investments, are important destinations that needs to be explored. You can buy your cheap tickets to Antalya, which is generally visited in summer, for May, June, September or October in order to experience the city at its best and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
Top Landmarks in Antalya
- Duden Waterfalls - Do not miss out on this group of waterfalls, formed by the water from a nearby recycle station.
Hadrian’s Gate - This three-arched gate was built for the Roman emperor, Hadrian, who visited Antalya in the year 130 A.D.
- Konyaaltı Beach - This is a large waterpark and beach, here you will find the world’s largest tunnel aquarium, a fairground with rides, and a large shopping centre with a food court.
Landscape in Antalya
This blue water resort city is surrounded by beaches, and has a harbour filled with yachts.
What to Eat and Where to Eat in Antalya
- Raki - Raki is an alcoholic drink that tastes of liquorice. Be sure to drink it slowly, however, as it is very strong!
- Kaleici (Old City) - In this historical area of the city, you will find bars that frequently offer live music.
Transportation in Antalya
To get around the city, buses, trams, minibuses, taxis, and a dolmus are all options. Renting a car is also possible if you want a bit of extra freedom.
Antalya airports served
- Antalya is served by Antalya Airport (AYT)
More information about Antalya
Food and Drink
More Places to Visit
It's really easy to fly to Antalya on any day at any hour thanks to Pegasus Airlines having multiple flights to Antalya every day. Antalya Airport has been in service since 1960. Today, it welcomes local and international tourists in its domestic and international terminals. Many different ways can be used to reach the city and neighbouring towns from this airport which is pretty close to the city center. The most practical one is Havaş. It's also very easy to go to the neighbouring towns since the buses stop by Antalya Couch Station.
Another transportation alternative in Antalya is using a taxi. If you are also one of those who don't miss a spot in the city but also don't want to give up on his/her comfort, the best option for you is renting a car on flypgs.com
There are also many alternatives for shopping in Antalya, which is the 7th biggest city and one of the most important tourism centers. Shopping will be very fun in Antalya which offers different alternatives from big shopping centers, where you can find everything you are looking for in one place, to gift shops in small streets.
- Kaleiçi - The heart of the historical town is also the region where the most historical artifacts are located. This area is quite rich for shopping in accordance with its tourist potetial. You can find many different products from sepiolite tobacco pipes to gauze dresses in these streets.
- Kalekapısı and Belediye İşhanı Vicinity - It's possible to find anything in this market place where the days just go on. There is one shop you shouldn't skip while you're here; Yenigün with its variety of jams. In addition to citrus jams of Antalya, you should also meet new tastes like watermelon rind jam and aubergine jam.
- Shemall - The heat of Antalya, especially in summer, makes shopping only possible in shopping centers. Shemall is one of those.
- Terracity - The most luxurious shopping center of the city. Terracity, where you can find big brands, is mostly preferred by people with high incomes.
- Antalya Citrus and Greenhouse Crops Research Institute - This institute has a store where fruits and vegetables grown in the huge citrus gardens located in the middle of the city and jams made out of them are sold. Although you may not be able to find everything you are looking for, we recommend you to drop by to see at least some part of these gardens. Also, the products are very budget-friendly. Address: Demircikara Mah. Paşa Kavakları Cad. No: 11 Tel: 0242 321 67 97
Food and Drink in Antalya
There are food and drink alternatives for everyone in this pleasant city which is very popular among local and international tourists, especially during summer months. We've brought all delicious Antalya foods, varying from sea food to kebab, together for you.
- Börekçi Tevfik - The best place to eat famous "serpme börek" of Antalya. We need to remind you that it's open from early hours in the morning until noon. An amazing breakfast option. Address: Sinan Mah. 1255 Sk. Ay İşhanı Karakaş Cami Arkası Tel: 0242 241 58 13
- Dönerci Hakkı Baba - One of the oldest and the most delicious "döner" place in Antalya. The place, which is managed by the third generation at the moment, starts turning the meat around noon and they run out of "döner" around 3.30 pm. Address: Atatürk Caddesi, Ege İşhanı No:63 Tel: 0242 241 38 79
- Piyazcı Sami’nin Yeri - The oldest "piyaz" place in Antalya. Their meat balls are also very tasty but you can eat the most delicious piyaz of Antalya, which is made with a tahini sauce and very famous for it... from the hands of the family that has invented the sauce. Address: Elmalı Mah., 07040 Muratpaşa Tel: 0242 244 91 90
- Piyazcı Ahmet - Another famous place where you can eat Antalya’s famous piyaz! Meatballs are also an option but we especially recommend piyaz and pumpkin dessert with tahini. Address: Altındağ Mah.146 Sok. Özkoç Apt. No:11 Tel: 0242 243 34 47 Website: http://www.piyazciahmet.com/index.html
- Antalyaspor Taraftarları Büfesi - One of the local fast food restaurants of Antalya. We recommend you to taste "Istanbul" and "Izmir" in this place, which is very popular for its different sandwich alternatives, Address: On the opposite of Dedeman Hotel Tel: 0242 316 31 53
- Antalya Kebap Salonu - Their delicious tandoor will disperse into many taste parts in your mouth. We recommend you not to miss this tasty corner. Address: Elmalı Mahallesi, Zincirli Han No:9/10 Tel: 0242 241 39 73
- Topçu Kebap - Shish döner is very delicious in the oldest kebab place in Antalya. Desserts also deserve to be tasted in this place with a tradition that is older than 100 years. Address: Kazım Özalp Caddesi No: 21 Tel: 0242 241 16 16
- Şişçi Ramazan’ın Yeri - As the name implies, shish is very delicious in Ramazan’s place. The tahini piyaz that comes on the side only makes you want to eat more. Be careful and try to be reasonable with the amount you consume. Address: Yener Ulusoy Bulvarı No:44/F Tel: 0242 242 66 37
- 7 Mehmet - 7 Mehmet, which is the most famous restaurant of Antalya, offers traditional dishes in a great atmosphere in Konyaaltı with an elegant service. It's unacceptable to go to Antalya and not stop by 7 Mehmet because it won't be easy to find these delicious foods in some other place. Address: Atatürk Kültür Parkı, No: 201 Tel: 0242 238 52 00 Website: http://www.7mehmet.com/tr
- Urcan Balık - One of the most famous fish restaurants of Antalya. It's originally from Istanbul but has perfectly attuned to the soul of Antalya. They cook delicious lagos which is called "grida" in Antalya. Address: Gençlik Mah. Tevfik Işık Cad. No:2 Tel: 0242 244 57 68 website: http://www.urcanbalik.com/index.html
- Kısmetim Balık Evi - Don't forget to stop by in order to drink a delicious bowl of fish soup from the kitchen of a real fisherman. Address: Şirinyalı Mah. Lara Cad. 07160 Muratpaşa Tel: 0242 317 1171
- Anadolu Park Restoran - The restaurant, which is located in the park with the same name, draws attention with its delicious mezzes, chilly weather and big capacity. It may be a good choice for business dinners and special events. Address: Serik Caddesi, Konak Mahallesi Aksu Çıkışı, Aksu Tel: 0242 426 24 00 Website: http://www.anadolupark.com.tr/index.html
- Antalya Balık Evi - Although being a Mediterranean city, Antalya's food culture has its roots in plateau tradition. That's why, Antalya is not famous for its fish restaurants. However, if you look for an elegant fish restaurant with a big variety of drinks, this address is exactly for you. Address: Eski Lara Yolu Tel: 0242 323 18 23 Website: http://www.antalyabalikevi.com.tr/
- Hillside Su Sushi - Don't forget to treat yourself in the sushi bar located in the concept hotel's lounge. Don't expect a Japanese classic, of course. It's more of an American style but the fish are elaborately chosen and different tastes are brought together. Sushis and makis prepared specially for you, right before your eyes are really delicious. Address: Hillside Su Hotel, Konyaaltı Tel: 0242 249 07 00 http://www.hillsidesu.com/#/en/dining/restaurants/sushi
- Marina Restaurant - This is the place to try out different tastes and eat a good a pizza. If you crave Italian food, you have to give it a chance. Address: Mermerli Sok. No:15, 07100 Kaleiçi Tel: 0242 247 54 90
- Akdeniz Dondurma - Another delicacy you shouldn't leave Antalya without tasting: burnt-ish ice cream or "yanıksı dondurma" in Turkish. As the name implies, the trait of this ice cream is that it's made out of burnt milk. A special taste is waiting for you. Address: Ali Çetinkaya Cad. No:24 Tel: 0242 312 47 19 website: http://www.akdenizdondurma.com.tr/anasayfa
- Shakespeare Bistro - A pub kitchen which is ideal both for eating and drinking. The staff makes you fell comfortable with their friendly and genial manners. Address: Yeşilbahçe Mahallesi Metin Kasapoğlu Caddesi No:28/6 Lara Tel: 0242 316 29 29 Website: http://www.shakespearebistro.com/
- Kitchenette - You can go there both for its cafe atmosphere or for a main course. Their meat courses are very successful and the atmosphere is more like a cafe. Address: Fener Mah. Tekelioğlu Cad. Shemall AVM no:3/16-19 Lara Tel: 0242 323 06 34 Website: http://www.kitchenette.com.tr/default.aspx
- The House Cafe - The famous brand is waiting for you in Antalya, as well. You can have a good time in its nice and comfortable atmosphere and enjoy their amazing delicacies. Address: Fener Mahallesi, Fener İş Merkezi, Lara Tel: 0242 324 86 96 Website: http://www.thehousecafe.com/
Accommodation in Antalya
There are many accommodation alternatives for different purposes in Antalya, which is one of the prominent regions of Turkey in terms of tourism and commerce. You can take a look at our recommendations from honeymoon hotels to chic holiday resorts.
- Dedeman Antalya Hotel & Convention Center - Although Antalya Dedeman Hotel has started to grow old, its location on the cliffs keeps it peerless. It’s also quite useful with many rooms decorated for meetings and conferences. Address: Lara Road Tel: 0242 310 99 99
- The Marmara Antalya - It’s a colorful and beautiful hotel with its modern and stylish rooms and delicious food. The service is quite professional. You’ll find everything you expect from a luxurious hotel. Address: Eski Lara Yolu No. 136 Şirinyalı Tel: 0242 249 36 00
- Adam & Eve - This concept hotel, which has been inspired by the forbidden fruit story of Adam and Eve, draws attention for its architecture before everything else. This hotel, which has touches of designers at every corner, is especially praised for its parties and service in Angel. Address: İskele Mevkii, Belek Tel: 0242 710 14 00
- Divan Talya - Talya, which is one of the essentials of Antalya, is in the center of Antalya with the quality service of Divan. It’s a great choice for both holidays and business trips. Address: Fevzi Çakmak Caddesi No:30 07100 Antalya Tel: 0242 248 68 00
- Ramada Plaza - This hotel, which is ideal for business trips, is a great choice due to its central location. Address: Gençlik Mah. Fevzi Çakmak Cad. No:22 Gençlik, Muratpaşa Tel: 0242 249 11 11
- Hillside Su - Another disegner’s hotel with a completely white decoration. A great choice for those who what to accommodate in Konyaalti. Skillful hands of Sanda Spa meet a relaxing decoration. Food is delicious in the hotel and Kids Club offers great fun to your kids. Address: Konyaaltı Tel: 0242 249 07 00
- Puding Suite - This relaxing luxury hotel is a pearl thanks to its distinctive location in Kaleici. If you’re looking for a high quality holiday in meticulously restored Antalya buildings, take a look at here. Address: Mermerli S. N.15 07100, Kaleici Tel: 0242 244 07 30
- Tuvana Hotel - You can have a serene holiday in rooms that are inspired by the 18th century European decoration of this hotel which draws attention with its romantic atmosphere in Kaleici. Address: Tuzcular Mah. Karanlık Sok. No 18 Tel: 0242 247 60 15
Places to Visit in Antalya
With many beautiful inlets and a cultural background thanks to its being home to many civilizations throughout history, Antalya is tourism heaven. There are many places to see in Antalya with its ancient towns, museums, falls and blue inlets.
- Kaleiçi - It's very pleasing to walk around the streets of Antalya's historical center. You'll also have a chance to see many cultural elements during this trip. Make sure that you'll see The Hadrian's Gate, Yivliminare Mosque, which is a Seljukian building, and the old Roman harbour, which are the most important ones of them all.
- Antalya Museum - The museum, where the archeological findings of Antalya and its vicinity are exhibited, earned European Council Special Award after being moved to its current building in 1972. The building, which is comprised of 13 exhibition rooms and an open-air exhibition, is worth seeing.
- Düden Fall - Düden River, which comes to surface at the spot called "Düdenbaşı", splits into two; one arm of the river is called "Aşağı Düden" (Karpuzkaldıran Fall) and the other is "Yukarı Düden Fall". The river forms waterfalls in both arms and pours into the Mediterranean Sea. While "Aşağı Düden Fall" pours into the sea from the cliffs near Lara, the area where "Yukarı Düden Fall" (Alexander Fall) is located is used as a picnic and recreation spot.
- Konyaaltı Beach - Konyaaltı Beach is one of the two bib beaches of Antalya. You can enjoy Antalya's sea which is warm or with giant waves depending of the season in the pebbly beach. The luxury of having access to a decent beach in the middle of the city also feels great.
- Lara Beach - The sandy beach located just a bit outside of Antalya is a tourism heaven in these days. This beach, where Antalya locals used to make camps called "oba" and spend their summers, are now adorned with luxurious hotels. It's hard to find an empty spot in the beach with small sands and warm water.
If you can go outside of Antalya...
- Karain Cave - In Karain Cave, which is one of the biggest natural caves in Turkey, some traces that point to settlements between Lower Paleolithic Age and Late Roman Period have been found. It's one of the important acheological fields of Turkey.
- Perge Ancient City - Being a highly developed Ancient city thanks to its location on the important trade routes, Perge is also important for Christianity since it's frequented by some saints. We especially recommend you to take a walk in the column lined Main Street of this impressive city.
- Termessos - Being one of the best preserved ancient cities of Turkey, Termessos is known for its theatre with a capacity of 4000 people. The city that has been accepted as a "National Park" is one of the must-see places with its temples, agora and impressive theatre.
- Çıralı-Olympos - Being a small coastal town, Çıralı is known for its tiny wooden houses that are used as guest houses. Olymps ruins located at the south of Çıralı is an important ancient field which has been mentioned in many myths. Chimera (Yanartaş), located at the north of it, is also a mythological area and there are fires that never go off between these rocks due to the methane gas leaking through.
- Phaselis - This ancient town, which is possible to be reached both by the sea and by the land, is known as the most important coastal town of Eastern Lycia. Its 3 docks also confim this information. Even relics reveal how important trade was in the life of this town.
- Demre (Myra) - Demre is one of the 6 big cities of Lycia. Demre, which has become a settlement region in 5th century BC for the first time, used to be by the sea but got apart from it due to the alluvial deposits of Demre stream. The city was abandoned because of the Arabian invasion in 9th century AC and today the theatre and rock tombs of the city can be visited; excavations are still in process.
- St. Nicholas Kilisesi - The building known as The Santa Claus Church, is the symbol of Demre. St. Nikola is a reverend known for his charity. The church that has been built next to the grave of the Saint, who has been buried in Demre, especially draws attention of international tourists.
- Kekova - It's possible to reach the submerged ancient city located between Kaş and Demre by boats that can be rented in Üç Ağız. It's not allowed to swim in the area where the ruins are located but you can swim in other places.
- Aspendos - This ancient town is known for its Roman theatre built in 2nd century AC. Being the best preserved theatre in Anadolu, this construction is really magnificent. You can also watch Opera and Ballet Festivals that are organized every year here. Watching a show under the stars is a true privilege.
- Side - Side, which is a town of Antalya, has important ruins from Roman period. The theatre and Temple of Apollo are the most important ones among those.
- Side Museum - The Ancient Agora Bath, dating back to 5-6th century AC, has been restorated between 1960-1961 and turned into a museum. Mostly, findings of the excavations made in Side ancient town are exhibited.
- Manavgat Waterfall - A waterfall has been formed by the fall of Manavgat River from the cliffs that are 4-5 meters high, in an area near the county of Manavgat. Although it's not very high, it has an amazing view thanks to the high volume of flow. We recommend you to see it.
- Alanya Castle and Kızılkule - Alanya Castle, of which walls are 6.5 km long, was constructed in 1222 by Seljukian Sultan Alaaddin Keykubat who rebuilt the city after gaining rule over it. The castle, which has 83 towers and 140 bastions, is the most splendid construction in Alanya. This construction is best known for Kızılkule, which has become a symbol for both Alanya and this castle. Inside of Kızılkule has been used as the ethnography museum.
- Alanya Museum - The museum, which is comprised of archeology and ethnography sections, was opened in 1967 with pieces belonging to Bronze Age, Urartu, Frygia and Lydia. The museum has got bigger and richer since its foundation.
- Kaleiçi - Old Antalya residents and examples from Seljukian architecture stand out in the area which is the historical center of the city encircled with thr ruins of walls. It's also possible to shop for gifts in the area which is completely touristic.
- Çarşı - The modern city center, which is called "Çarşı" meaning market place by locals, is a dynamic area where daily trade and shopping occur.
- Konyaaltı - This area, which is pretty calm and quiet in winter, is very active in summer months. In addition to the crowd in the beach, cafes and neighbouring areas like the shopping center are also flooded by both domestic and international tourists.
Antalya’s nightlife is as active as its inlets and beaches that are visited during the day. There are many alternatives to dance until very late hours or drink something while listening to live music.
- Irish Pub Lara - It's one of the best options for a night in Lara with live music and great bands. Address: Yeşilbahçe Mah. Metin Kasapoğlu Cad. Ayhan Kadam İş Merkezi No:48/1 Tel: 0242 321 04 04 Website: http://irishpubantalya.com/
- Simurg Temple - The place, which organizes 3 concerts a month in addition to live performances of Antalya'a most beloved bands every night except Mondays, is one of the ambitious places in Antalya when it comes to live music. The fun doesn't stop until 4 am. Address: Kılıçaslan Mah. Hamam Sok. No : 2 Kaleiçi Tel: 0242 244 51 05 Website: http://www.simurgtemple.com/tr/default.asp?sayfa=anasayfa
- Jolly Joker - One of the most famous bars in Antalya, JJ is a notable place for its live performances as well as interesting decoration. Address: Şirinyalı Mah. İsmet Gökçen Cad. Lider Plaza No:10/B Tel: 0 242 316 75 15 Website: http://www.jjantalya.com/
- Club Ally - This place, where parties are organized and people go to dance, is one of the biggest clubs in Antalya. The place tries to keep the entertainment at its peak all the time with concerts and famous DJs. Address: Selçuk mahallesi, Sur sokak. No: 4/8 Kaleiçi Tel: 0 242 244 77 04 Website: http://www.ally.com.tr/
- Dem-lik - This bar, which has a beautiful garden and especially preferred by students, plays mostly rock music. Address: Kılınçaslan Mah. Zafer Sok. N:16 Tel: 0242 247 19 30
- Chocolate Bistro - If you want to eat good food and drink with your friends, Chocolate Bistro is just for you. Good music is a plus. Address: Eski Lara Cad. No:185 Şirinyalı Tel: 0242 316 36 37 Website: http://www.chocolatebistrobar.com/
- Jungle Bar - In this place, where famous bands of Antalya take the stage, you can also do karaoke on some nights. Address: Dönerciler Çarşısı, behind Ziraat Bankası Tel: 0242 247 22 04
- James Joyce Irish Pub - The most popular place in Konyaaltı is in the style of a true Irish pub; the fun keeps on until very late hours with live music. Address: Altınkum Mah. 414 Sok. No:25 Konyaaltı Tel: 0242 228 38 02
- Uzaklar - In this bar, of which stage you'll see Antalya bands who play Turkish and foreing songs, it's possible to listen to a variety of songs from Latina to Anatolian Rock. Address: Eski Lara Cad. No: 223 / A Şirinyalı Tel: 0242 323 46 54 Website: http://www.uzaklarantalya.com/
- The Tudors Pub - Located in Kaleiçi, the pub offers performances by local bands while karaoke is also an option. Address: Kaleiçi (next to Ally Disco) Tel: 0535 233 02 60 Website: www.tudorsbar.com
- City code: 0 242
- Provincial Tourism Directorate: 0 242 247 76 60
- Tourism Information Office: 0 242 241 17 47
- Police: 0 242 345 41 00
- Gendarmery (For emergencies): 156
- Police (For emergencies):155
- Health Emergency:112