One of the oldest cities in the world, Amman has witnessed history since 7000 BC. Besides being a cultural heritage of human civilization, it is the capital of Jordan today. Every year, millions of travellers visit to discover a part of the ancient world.
With Pegasus, you can book cheap flights to Amman all year-round to experience an exotic vacation whenever you want.
Places to Visit in Amman
- Royal Automobile Museum: See thousands of classic cars and motorcycles.
- Amman Castle: A historic structure with panoramic views of Amman.
- Roman Amphitheatre: Located in the heart of the city, it is a testament to the city’s ancient past as once being part of the Roman Empire.
- Al Balad Tour: Explore local shops in the historic city centre and learn more about Amman’s culture.
- King Abdullah Mosque: Intricate details and an impressive dome make this mosque one of the most palatial religious buildings of modern times.
What to Eat in Amman?
- Shawarma: Though simply lamb folded in thin bread, it’s enough to excite your taste buds.
- Hummus: Made of chickpeas, this side dish packs in enough flavour to take the role of a main dish as a small meal.
- Falafel: A patty made of ground chickpeas, this delicious vegetarian food is world-renowned.
- Mansaf: A tasty and well-known dish in Jordan, it consists of lamb meat marinated in a special sauce and served with rice or bulgur wheat.
Where to Eat in Amman?
- Al Rainbow Street: Find anything from global cuisines to local delicacies.
- King Hussein Street: Head here to try the best restaurants in Amman.
- King Faisal Street: Discover the exotic flavours of the local cuisine.
Amman from the Sky
Amman is a colourful and bustling city where ancient settlements meet modern structures. A crowded city silhouette embellished with skyscrapers greets travellers.
Transportation in Amman
Public transportation in Amman mostly consists of taxis. Buses are also available for inner-city connections, but because the price is comparable, travellers widely prefer taxis for the convenience and extra comfort.
Emergency Numbers in Amman
Country Code: +962
Queen Alia International Airport (AMM): +962 6 445 3000