Traveling to Almaty (ALA)
Get excited to explore Almaty with its natural beauty and magnificent views of the snowy Alatau mountains! With Pegasus Airlines, you can find cheap Almaty flights. Pack your suitcase to embark on a flight to Almaty where comfort meets joy as you prepare to fill your photo album with new and happy memories.
Places to Visit in Almaty
- Panfilov Park: Take a break in this lush green space for a captivating view.
- Zenkov Cathedral: Besides standing out due to its grandiose structure, this church is one of the rare wooden buildings constructed without nails.
- Big Almaty Lake: Just 30 km from the city centre, the view will mesmerise any visitor.
What to Eat in Almaty?
- Beshbarmak: Almaty is a paradise for meat lovers! One of the most popular local dishes, Beshbarmak, which means ‘five fingers’ because locals often eat it with their hands, features noodles, meat, and sometimes a broth.
- Kurdak: Locals love this dish of roasted meat and offal.
- Kazi: A kind of sausage that is a favourite in Kazakhstan menus.
Where to Eat in Almaty?
- City Centre: The variety of mouth-pleasing choices range from traditional Kazakh restaurants to Turkish restaurants.
Almaty from the Sky
Almaty will greet you with a view of a green urban area surrounded by mountains. The city is laid out in an orderly design sure to satisfy those who enjoy symmetry.
Transportation in Almaty
Almaty offers many forms of public transportation, including buses, metro, trams and taxis. Additionally, marshrutkas await to take you around the city. To explore freely, hire a car at the airport.
Emergency Numbers in Almaty
Country Code: +7
Almaty Airport (ALA): +7 727 270 3333